The original Gilfillan home at Ballynamore, on the Claudy Road, southeast of Londonderry, Northern Ireland, built about 1760. Robert Gilfillan (Robert’s father) was probably born here. The property was owned by the Joseph Gilfillan family for many years. The thatch roof has been replaced with a tin roof, and some of the windows appear to be closed and boarded up. It is now used as a storage shed and is part of the farm currently owned and run by the Cochranes. (1995 photo by Carlton A. Gilfillan, Jr.)

Back To Picture Directory